Monday, August 12, 2019

Eco FRIENDLY Fashion

Hello Friends, welcome back to my Blog.

Today I am going to talk about Eco Friendly Fashion.. So lets start..

Recently I got couple of sweater from WoodenShipsKnits in an ECO friendly packing.
The packaging was done in a way that it will degrade super fast as it was made by OXO-degradable plastic bag and will not cause ecological mayhem. When I found out aforesaid was interested more in this company so checkout its just a marketing gymic or is this company doing something unique to keep there carbon footprint checked. I found out that not only they are using
oxo-degradable plastic but solar power for there manufacturing unit reducing carbon footprint.
This company is very good when it comes to respect mother earth.





Now all said and done about their commitment toward environment, I wanted to see the quality of sweater and to my surprise the quality was excellent. In my recent 4 days trip to San Diego it was chilly at night and I tried both the sweater felt very comfortable and cozy. It is a perfect mixture of current trends the quality and colors.  The AUTUMN sweater gave me a very modern and fresh look which I loved it where as the other Cozy Cable Pullover sweater gave me a classic look. These
sweaters where super light to carry and easy to pack. After ages I have found good company which is ECO FRIENDLY having quality sweaters. The knit is done just right for a warm weather layer; not too tight to be too warm for the season and not too loose to offer no cover from the cool air.





When you go on vacation you want to feel stylish with less efforts and time as you want to enjoy more outdoors with your love ones.These sweaters were god send as it took me hardly any time to get dress, they go well on jeans as well as skirt and look stylish as well as it gave me warmth in late evening chilly weather.





Now Some cool facts about Wooden Ships:

  • Colombian- born designer Paola Buendia and co-owner Mark Donovan met at Harvard,and two years after graduation they founded Wooden Ships in NYC in 1992.
  •  They take care of their employees: Each employee is given extensive training in learning new skills. 
  • There is free healthcare for all factory workers, pro-family policies, and a healthy environment for working.
  • They are looking out for the environment: They believe a lean production, no-waste approach. All pieces are made to order.
  •  With minimal returns and no stock inventory they never have to DUMP merchandise as many fashion companies have to do, and that is IMPORTANT for them.
  •  In 2014, they participated in a program to help the orangutans and rain forest in Borneo. One million dollars was raised to buy a chunk of rain forest there to help protect the last remaining endangered Bornean orangutans.


If you are interested in shopping my AUTUMN sweater and their entire collection of knits, check out their website here.

You can use the following discount code to get 15% off of your Wooden Ships purchase ADI15

Which one is your favorite ?? Tell me in the comments below!

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment